Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Dream

I dreamed that I was in my house, but it wasn't my house. It was where I lived some of my kids lived there, were with me, but were they really my siblings?

People, relatives started showing up to give my Grandma W. a birthday party.
I didn't know they were coming I ran to an empty room to not be seen but it was where the aunt who has been kind to me was getting my Grandma ready. She was dressing her in a ridiculous and immodest dress, not something she would ever wear. A dress that a much younger person would wear with a plunging back. I didn't want to deal with any of these people so I started helping Grandma but I was trying to adjust that back of the dress. My aunt got upset at me for not doing it right, I tried to fix it back. Then I just realized I couldn't hold it in and I told here how ridiculous the dress was and that Grandma would never wear a dress like that.

Then I left the room and went into what I think was my room. {it was the room I felt safe in} From there I could see out of the door the room where the party would be held, tables set up like at a luncheon, it looked like a cultural hall at a church. I closed the door and looked around and my room was more like a kitchen and was filled with party food etc. A couple of my cousins I think they were from the J. side of the family, came in and wondered why I wasn't out with everyone enjoying the party. I told them to go get someone in charge. I don't know where my Kids/Siblings had gone now, they were no longer there.

Two of my aunts came in the room one that hasn't spoken to me in years and one who wrote Dr H. a letter about me. They are my Dad's sisters, the two I am most uncomfortable around. I told them that something had to be done about the fact that I had not invited this party into my home. I loved my Grandma but they could not just come in here and have a party and bring all of these people without my permission.
I got stronger as each sentence was finished. I wasn't yelling, by the end of what I had to say I wasn't even afraid of them.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you. Dreams show us so much. I am sure you take what feel right to and for you. Hugs across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. I told you I'm no good with blogger! I meant to post: Wow. Very empowering. I think a house in a dream is a representation of ourselves. I dream of being in houses all the time of various sorts often in water. I even had a whole house slide into the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post kept me on the edge of my seat. Very intriguing. I am always trying to figure out the symbolism of my dreams are. Half the time I am afraid too. Maybe this post will help me face my dreams with more courage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! I added you to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Powerful dream dear one. . . you became bolder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What assertiveness and courage you showed at the end! I've had some rather bizarre dreams myself. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a dream about you taking back your power from these aunts. I love getting dreams like this.

    ReplyDelete