Friday, July 31, 2009

A Storm In My Mind


Last night the storm in my mind overwhelmed me.
I was getting sicker and sicker with a massive headache by the minute. There was nothing I could do to find relief.

I pleaded with Jared to hurry home as he was running late from work. He finally arrived and found me in a state he has not witnessed for quite some time. He prayed with me and for me. I was so grateful for his comfort. Finally there was a lessening of the vice grip which held my head. I was able to breathe again and hold still, it felt so much better.

Later I told Jared that this was most definitely a processing headache. He answered that this had been the first thing he thought of when I called to tell him how horrible I was feeling.

In a little while, when I feel more energy, I will journal and see what comes up. For now I will rest.

10 comments:

  1. Rest is good. I had a 3 or 4 day headache myself this week which was probably from the stress of all the company that I have had this past month. Like you, my headaches are from processing all that goes on around me. I still haven't learned how to not do this to myself. I am just becoming aware that I hold things together until everyone leaves and then I get a headache. I get the headache when I allow myself to let go after everyone goes home. I need to look at this process for myself. Thanks for the new awareness. I was beginning to become aware. Your article just brought it into better focus for me. Thanks. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the rest you need and that you are feeling better Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have an award waiting for you at my place. Mind coming over to pick it up? ;)Reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness, that sounds like a difficult experience. Fatigue and internal pain are what commonly happen to me when I process experiences and memories. I hope you are feeling better! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch, get some rest and a good nights sleep. hubby's there to take care of you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found relief. Headaches are such a pain! Oopps, did I say that? Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how in touch you are with yourself Vicki and that you know how to look after yourself now. I hate getting headaches and physical pain that comes with processing, it seems so unfair. I hope you're all cosy. Thinking of you X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big warm hug. Hope you could relax a bit. Must have been a terrifying experience and I hope you rested well. Thinking of you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the headache you mean. I used to go to sleep. Literally. I'd wake up a few minutes later knowing that my subconscious had found a way to stop me from looking at something I wasn't ready to look at. Other times, I would get that headache. (((((Hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh sweety, I know the exact intense pain you experienced. And I do believe they are caused by us trying to process or just by us thinking about things so much. It's not uncommon for me to experience these terrible migraines 3 or 4 times a month. The Excedrin Migraine works best for me and LOTS of water. If you're like me, it's hard to shut down your thoughts no matter how hard you try. The more I try to shut them down, the more they seem to fight their way in. Hang in there sweety!

    ReplyDelete