Thursday, August 6, 2009

My daughter, she lives to dance. As a survivor it is an amazing experience to witness a teenager able to express her zeal for life with her body through dance. I am so grateful for the confidence she feels in her body and her ability to express it through dance.
She loves to watch So You Think You Can Dance on Fox.

There were two beautiful and very moving dance pieces this season which I wanted to share with you.

This first one is a dance to one of my all time favorite songs and is dedicated to breast cancer survivors. I think we can all relate to the struggle that comes with surviving and working very hard to Thrive.



This next dance is my very favorite, I hope that you have the time to watch and I am sure you will be moved as I was. This one is a dance about a woman's addiction. The young man represents the addiction in this moving piece of art.


15 comments:

  1. the links aren't popping up. but my computer at the office is giving me a lot of uphill. i'll check back later from home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very beautiful! Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing how free your daughter is in her body and finds the freedom through dance. It's beautiful. Thanks for sharing the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these are so wonderful. I don't usually watch that show (I get embarrassed for those who really cannot dance). Thanks for putting them here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The second one made me tear up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dancing also, and these are very beautiful! I watched them this morning, but had no time to stop and comment because i was on my way out the door to work out. lol yep i had to convince myself to go... lol Thank you for sharing these gorgeous dances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, the video has been removed is what I am receiving.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. the expresions for the additions, struggles and the whole dance had been put together very well, i must agree.

    ~Silver

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love dance! Thanks for sharing these. I'm so glad your daughter can enjoy this form of expression.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE SYTYCD! Hands down my favorite dance was the addiction one. I am just so glad that dance is getting the recognition it is right now on TV. I danced in college and have a deep love for live dance. I wish there were more options in AZ for it. I love to see CONDER/dance in particular. How wonderful that we can find healing through dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing these very powerful videos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think if I had a daughter I would really struggle with jealousy. These are really beautiful performances. The addiction one would be a good representation of my struggle with men.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Imagine getting to hear Maxwell (the singer of this song) live @ the Dodge Theater! My friend and I went in June. It was PHENOMENAL!

    Thank you for visiting my blog! I hope that you become a regular.

    Your grandson is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wonderful examples of what creative dance can be like. I have never watched the show. Now I will. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely topic for a post! I adore dancing myself. Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete