Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Some things I love

Peace
Peace by Vicki in AZ on Polyvore.com


There are so many things I love about this time of year.

I love twinkling lights and sparkly balls and baubles.
I love Christmas concerts at my children's schools.

I adore Christmas music of all kinds much to my families dismay.
I can watch every sappy Christmas movie on the Hallmark channel also to my families dismay.

I woke up to a cloudy day with soft rain almost all day on Monday!
This can be our rainy season in fortunate years here where I live in the desert. I am very hopeful that we will have a rainy winter.

I love steaming cups of hot cocoa and a fire in the fireplace.
I love the warm smells of the comfort foods part of my family traditions this time of year.

I love that I have learned through long hard experience that less is more at this special time of year.

I love Christmas Trees and everything about decorating ours.

I love reading Christmas stories and picture books.
I love reading the scriptures about the birth of Jesus Christ and all of the sweet tender feelings I have about my Savior's birth.

There are things not to love about this time of year..
Those are for another post.

What about you? Do you have favorite things about this time of year?
I would love to hear about them.

xoxo


8 comments:

  1. oh i so need to read more posts like these to get into the christmas spirit... it's lagging this year. but i love the smell of cyprus branches that make up the adventskranz, the spices in those decadent cookies, dusk at 8 pm, the children, their faces, excitement and pure joy that santa is finally coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always an underyling feeling of peace in the air at Christmas - no matter what else is going on. Nice post. Lots of love in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love every single thing which happens at Christmas especially indoors. The light the children's smiles the fire... Shame I miss some ones who passed to a better life, shame this couldn't be celebrated all year round!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicki,

    I love all these things too. I will have to come back after writing up a list of my own. There are so many things.

    I wanted to let you know that I added a link to this blog entry to my Holday Coping links page I put up two days ago. I hope that's okay with you.

    Good and healing thoughts to you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this time of the year too... many of the things you listed are on my list of faves. Glistening lights, Christmas music, good cheer, family.. spiritual rebirth... ahhhhh, does a soul good! Sending warm holiday wishes your way, hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey girl lovely to have you back! I had the best fun (for free) riding up and down the escalator in the department store about 20 times because my wee man thought it was a theme park ride. While everyone else was lost in their thoughts, rushing around getting shopping in. We went all the way up and all the way down and when we got to the bottom he squealed and ran to tell daddy and nana that we had gone up and down EVERY time. My mum thought I Was crazy. It was so much fun I didn't even feel sad about the fact I had a mum who couldn't enjoy riding up and down an escalator when I was young and in wonder with the world. Though I was very aware of this. I fight to have fun in my life and to allow it every day. Love to you x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your post you have inspired me to blog about christmas too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,

    I posted my list of Christmas essentials for joy at my blog; titled Holiday Joy.

    :)

    Kate

    ReplyDelete