Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Devotional

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbsU3b2srQAInfinite Power of Hope

Hope begins in the dark,
the stubborn hope that if you just show up
and try to do the right thing,
the dawn will come.
You wait and watch and work;
you don't give up.
Anne Lamott


I remember many years ago there was a time when depression, fatigue, and despair overwhelmed me. I was sinking fast I had given up. God led me that night to listen to a devotional speaker. Within minutes of listening to his words I was crying and unsure if I could control myself. He said, "Never, Never, Never Give UP." I am forever grateful for this experience and these tender words from a living Angel sent to me that night by God who knows my needs.

9 comments:

  1. What a beautiful testimony of faith on this Sunday morning! Thank you so kindly, Vicki.

    I pray that you will be blessed in countless ways this year and you will experience peace and abundance of love :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a bit if sinking is needed to enjoy so much what's on the surface...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post. Great quote. And very true. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. !! You sound happier.. Life is supposed to be Paradise on Earth. God wants us to be happy .. !! Don't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God knows how to take care of us. That is certain. Wishing you a happy 2010, full of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm so with the never never never give up... good to see you around!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing Vicki! It is nice to see you post. In my darkest times, a little voice inside telling me not to give up is what keeps me going. Take care! *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, encouraging and uplifting thank you for sharing this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear you had this experience. It's moments like these that we can always return to and draw strength from. Much love :)

    ReplyDelete