Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sunday Devotional

Sunday Will Come

WirthlinJB_04_rgb.jpg

“Each of us will have our own Fridays—those days when the universe itself seems shattered and the shards of our world lie littered about us in pieces. We all will experience those broken times when it seems we can never be put together again. We will all have our Fridays.

“But I testify to you in the name of the One who conquered death—Sunday will come. In the darkness of our sorrow, Sunday will come.

“No matter our desperation, no matter our grief, in this life or the next, Sunday will come.”

Joseph B. Wirthlin, "Dark Friday, Bright Sunday," New Era, Mar. 2008, 4

This devotion is one of my very favorites. It moves me to the very center of who I am. I decided I wanted to put the photo of the man who said this with it and also the link in case anyone was interested in following it. He is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. This is one of the ways I make it in my life day after day trial after trial. I know with all of my heart that Jesus Christ has Apostles and a Prophet here on the earth today and I can listen to or read what they have to say. You can too if you want HERE.


Can I just say...

THIS WEEK HAS KICKED MY BUTT!

Now having said that, I will not want to say it has been all bad

I have been blessed with friends who have served me

and provided the balm of Gilead.

Thank you Becky you have been an angel for me. My good friend who helps me when my jaw hurts so bad I can't even eat brought her massage table over, worked her magic on my jaw and now I can open it. Isaac sat there touching me with his tender hands wanting to "help."

And true to his tender nature, Jared has been very sensitive to me in spite of the fact that he lost his full time job this week as the company he worked for closed it's doors.

I started this week ready to write. Excited to write. I would sit down here at my computer and dissolve.

I saw my mother for the first time since July this past week. My youngest sister is in the hospital, she has been in very serious condition.

I have been spending time in therapy for a few weeks now working on how I might respond at upcoming family celebrations, like my niece getting married, when my mother speaks to me. I want to be graceful and also not give myself away and then have to spend weeks of therapy repairing the damage. We did not however prepare yet for the possibility that she would not speak to me even when I say hi, not even a hi back.

I don't have much to say now except, hmmm.




7 comments:

  1. One of my favorite thoughts... He rescued us on Good Friday Because Sunday's Coming...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naajYZSbWdw&feature=player_embedded

    I also blogged about this back in January. :)

    ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mother doesn't say hello, don't worry. She is processing your wishes to be left alone and is probably trying to find a comfortable place to be with you. She will bounce back and forth until you both find a good place for a relationship with boundaries. I'm still going thru this with my whole family and it's moving towards a good place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi vicki~ it's good to see you writing~ though i'm sorry things have been so tough for you lately. but it sounds like you are working hard to care for yourself in the midst of everything. that in itself is a wonderful thing~ sending you peaceful thoughts and well wishes~~~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just focus on your inner happiness.. and God wants you to have peace and serenity. You'll find your way at such events... sounds like you have a great therapist too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My friend. Thank you for being there for me, again and always. I love your thoughts, your balm, your tenderness and way of understanding me. Thanks. Bless you with all you are approaching. You are so strong, and I pray that you will be blessed and have peace.

    I too LOVE this conference talk. Thank you for the reminder...

    [yes, I would love a name. Haven't done therapy for so long....could you email it to me at raggettyanne@comcast.net] thanks.

    ReplyDelete