Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Heading out of town

So, it is July now and I am again going out of town with the youth from my church.  This time we are going to a town not even ten minutes from where some of my worst abuse happened.  So needless to say I had a freak out one day this week and had to decide whether or not I really would go or back out.

Jared has been very helpful and I am feeling strong about my decision to go.  Dr H. was validating today with me about the fears I had worked through.  I am glad I had a session today before we leave.  I am praying for a calm center.  I know that I am capable of having a great time and letting this trip be about the kids and spending time with them.  I also know that if any processing needs to be done for myself that I can slip away, write and pray, then get back to the fun.

I can do this and I am prepared for this.

5 comments:

  1. I'll keep you in my prayers. I know how triggering location can be.

    Bless you,
    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending wishes for a peaceful trip and safe return. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sincerely believe the decision to go will benefit you in the long run. Very understandable that it would upset you. But you are right, you can do this.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Youth conference? Girls camp? I miss those days... I hope you have a wonderful time with the youth and be safe! I will keep you in my prayers. *hugs*

    -Bee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be praying for you Vicki...I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete