Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Season is Changing

I live where it is hot.
I try hard to not complain constantly about the heat, although I am sure that Jared would raise an eyebrow at that statement, hey that is the price he pays for being married to all of this wonderfulness.
But I am here to tell you the devil himself lives here during the summer months.  There are months when it is still over 100 degrees after Midnight!

October is now well underway and temperatures are in the high 90s during the day and are going to keep dropping.  The evenings are glorious and there is a new freshness in the air.
This is the time of year when I come to life.
I have found blogging as well as many other favorite things that I do to be more than I am capable of for the last month or so.
I have found my old companion depression near.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR CHECKING ON ME AND CARING ABOUT ME. 
YOU ARE ALL DEAR TO ME.

I have done what I usually do when I get this way,
I pull in and do the essential activities.
I am so blessed to have my family.
Taking care of them keeps me going and on the same hand they are all self sufficient enough to care for each other and themselves when I have nothing to give.

I am coming back to life with the changing of the season.

I am also going to be more real about my depression
which for me includes trying to learn what it
wants to teach me.

Welcome October.

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you back!

    Fall is my favorite time of the year...It is wonderful that along with crisp breezes you are getting a newness of life, an injection of hope and, and growing stronger!

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki,
    Wow, I've been enjoying the cool weather for about a month. Tonight, it will show us the first frost of the season. I love Fall (hate the allergies it brings me).
    Thinking of you - hope the depression takes a hike and leaves you alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vicki!
    Just wanted to stop by and leave some love on your page. You and I have the "fall depression" in common. It always seems to get me, I'm not sure why... Glad to hear you vocalizing it though instead of keeping it to yourself and isolating with it.

    Hope cool weather comes your way soon. Here in Sacramento it went from being 90 one day to 60 the next and hasn't changed since. Ohhh, and yeah, the drastic change in weather gave me a cold ;-)

    Be well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vickie, another season has passed. You haven't posted - I truly hope all is well in your corner of the world. Just stopped by to tell you I'm thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicki,

    I am listening. Good and healing thoughts to you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Mrs... Just wondering how you're doing? Havent posted in a while.

    Just wanted you to know you were being thought about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you haven't seen a new post for awhile hope your doing well....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicki,
    I clicked on one of your comments on my blog and noticed that you hadn't posted in awhile and had been feeling depressed. Know there are many of us who care how you are. As Kate would say, good and healing thoughts to you.
    May you be always blessed,
    SDW

    ReplyDelete