Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trying

I have been spending time trying to understand just why I went away from this place I love and so many blog friends I had grown to care about so much.  I still don't have the answer but what I do know is that I want to be here writing and reading and caring.  I really do.  I have never forgotten how good it feels to have people who understand you supporting you and how good it feels to give that support back.  So here I am back home. 

"I am the black sheep of the family, which is pure irony since I was the victim. However, I know my situation is not a rarity. We victims of family sexual abuse represent what everyone else wants to forget. We are an unpleasant reminder of the ugly family secret, particularly if we refuse to go along with the pretense of the perfect family.

People only see what they are prepared to see, and I don't want to be part of a family who aren't prepared to see and talk about the truth of my story."
Alyson at ...leave a trail

8 comments:

  1. It is so good to have you back! I've been thinking of you, especially every time I see your blog on my reading list with no new posts. I hope you are doing well! and I hope to see some more posts in the near future :)

    Take care,
    Bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - you sound wonderful. Good to "see" you :-)
    Love Gail
    peace.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello sweet Vicki,

    I think it is so hard to feel your emotions, even more so when they are long buried emotions of child sexual abuse. Opening these old puss bags inside us is exhausting and demanding. Sometimes we all need to break away from it all and not deal with it, as a sort of vacation. I know I did, several times over the years.

    We missed you lots. Good and healing thoughts to you.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see you back!!

    I have had times when I have walked away from the blog (even though I love it)....sometimes you need a break.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Vickie! Glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicki...I have those times too when I need to take a break from blogging. I am so glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are back, dear one. Thanks for your email, and for just being you.

    journal of healing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes life requires us to take a few steps back for some reason or another. Especially if this is a journey you are just starting to walk. I wonder if reading others blogs that may have gone though the same thing could have been/could be triggering for you to some degree, and if thats the case I am truly glad you took a break from blog. This is a journy of yours that can not be rushed through. It takes time, patience for ones self, and a slight sense of entitlement, to help you get over the painful lumps that might pop up along your journey.
    I am glad that you have stepped back into writing and I can tell that I'm not the only one. Be kind to yourself my friend and just let things unravel as they need too. Gods plan is perfect in timing and all. I as well as many others are here for you if and when you need me.

    ReplyDelete